The Town Council would like to invite quotations for the provision of a new Town Council website.
Morecambe Town Council is a Parish Council and was formed in May 2009 following a successful local campaign and covers the area of Morecambe from the Golf Club to The Battery and inland to the M6 Link Road and Westgate.
The Council has 26 elected members. Town councillors are elected every four years at the same time as district councillors. The Council through its elected Councillors represents local people, helping to provide local amenities and facilities.
The Council currently employs 1.5 FTE staff.
The Council wishes to produce a more custom fit website that will better reflect the Town Council’ status and expanding requirements.
Aims of the new Website
- The new website should enable residents of the Parish to engage with the website
- The website should have the functionality to be more interactive i.e. online entry forms and consultation feedback forms etc.
- It should retain, at least, the level of functionality provided by the current website – the current website may be viewed at www.morecambe.gov.uk
- The Council to retain control of the website and managing its content.
Main website features required
· Easy to use website editor
· Simple document upload from the staff’s desktops
· Latest news section
· Latest events section
· Meeting Calendar
· Store all Council records that must be within the public domain and which must be easily accessible through the websites navigation system.
· Retain all information displayed on the current website e.g. minutes of previous meetings, Council policies and procedures, details of all Councillors etc.
· Contact forms – allowing the Council to receive correspondence from website visitors and to provide online entry systems for projects such as Morecambe in Bloom.
· Easily upload photographs and pdf documents through an appropriate Content Management System
- Be responsive to all types of devices e.g. mobiles, iPad etc
- Meet the requirements of the Information Commissioner’s Office and be GDPR compliant
- To use the current domain of www.morecambe.gov.uk
- Facility to provide photo galleries
- Facility to provide links to other websites
- Facility to provide links to up to date Morecambe tide tables and local weather forecast from the Home Page
Closing date for the receipt of quotations
Friday 19th July 2019 at 5 p.m.
Written quotations should be sent to:
Morecambe Town Council
Quotations may be sent via email to email@example.com
All quotations should include:
- full details on how the proposal meets the main website requirements listed above;
- an estimated timeline for building the website should you be awarded the contract;
- the cost for three hours training for both members of staff on how to upload content and manage the site;
- cost for hosting the current web domain address and annual hosting fee for the website
Town Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer
21st June 2019