The Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group invite your views on the development of a Neighbourhood Plan until the end of December 2018.
To take part in this important online consultation please follow the link below:
Why are we doing this?
A Neighbourhood Plan is being driven forward by a Steering Group consisting of community members, businesses, and town councillors.
Right now we are actively developing a draft plan.
To finalise the policies for the draft plan, we now run this consultation to obtain feedback on our work so far.
Your participation is essential to ensure that we get the right plan for our town and this is your opportunity to have a say in the future of it.
What will happen after this Consultation?
By responding to the locations in this campaign and answering the questions in this consultation, you help the Steering Group in formulating a draft Plan that further reflects the various views of our community.
If you like to receive updates, just leave us your email after making your responses.
What is the Morecambe Neighbourhood Plan?
The Neighbourhood Plan is an exciting opportunity for our whole community to help shape the future of our town to make Morecambe a better place to live, work and visit. If adopted, the plan will become part of the Development Plan for the Lancaster District, and Lancaster City Council will have to consider it when making planning decisions.
- The type of issues covered could include things like:
- Protecting the heritage of Morecambe and its buildings
- Improved management of houses in multiple occupation
- Local design issues
- Protection and enhancement of Morecambe’s greenspace
- Improved management of Morecambe’s empty properties to enhance their appearance and encourage bringing them back into appropriate forms of use
- Proposals for the development and use of key sites in the town.
Note that a Neighbourhood Plan cannot be used to stop development; however it allows us to decide where new developments should happen and what they should look like.