By-Elections for Lune Drive and Out Moss Lane Wards and Vacancy in Bare North Ward of the Town Council
Lune Drive Ward and Out Moss Lane Ward By-Elections – Thursday 4th May, 2017
Following the resignations of Councillor Semple and Councillor Brandwood by-elections will be held for both the Lune Drive and Out Moss Lane Wards of the Town Council on Thursday 4th May, 2017.
1. Nomination papers must be delivered to the RETURNING OFFICER, TOWN HALL, DALTON SQUARE, LANCASTER, LA1 1PJ on any day after the date of this notice, on Monday to Friday 10.00am to 4.00pm (excluding bank holidays) but no later than 4.00pm on TUESDAY 04 APRIL 2017.
2. Nomination papers may be obtained from the offices of the Returning Officer, Town Hall, Dalton Square, Lancaster, LA1 1PJ during the times stated above.
3. If the election is contested, the poll will take place on THURSDAY 04 MAY 2017.
4. Applications, amendment or cancellations of postal votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer, Town Hall, Dalton Square, Lancaster, LA1 1PJ by 5.00pm on TUESDAY 18 APRIL 2017.
5. Applications to vote by proxy at this Election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer, Town Hall, Dalton Square, Lancaster, LA1 1PJ by 5.00pm on TUESDAY 25 APRIL 2017.
6. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on the grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Town Hall, Dalton Square, Lancaster, LA1 1PJ by 5.00pm on THURSDAY 04 MAY 2017. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5.00pm on TUESDAY 25 APRIL 2017. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5.00pm on TUESDAY 25 APRIL 2017.
Bare North Ward
Following the resignation of Councillor Barber on 15th March, 2017 a vacancy exists within the Bare North Ward of the Town Council.
A by-election to fill the vacancy will be held, if within 14 days (not counting a Saturday or Sunday or Bank Holiday) from the date of the attached Notice of Vacancy ten electors for the Bare North Ward of Morecambe Town Council give notice in writing claiming such an election to the Returning Officer. The last date for receipt of such notice will be Thursday 6th April, 2017.
The address of the Returning Officer is: Lancaster City Council, Town Hall, Dalton Square, Lancaster LA1 1PJ
If no such notices are given by the respective dates the Town Council will fill the vacancies by co-option.
The Town Council would like to thank former Councillors Barber and Semple for their service to the Council over the last two years.