The Town Council has created a fund to assist with projects that will help to relieve deprivation within Morecambe.
Grants were made from this fund in June 2018 although £4,200.00 remains in the fund for allocation.
The Council would like to invite relevant organisations to apply for funding from this budget. The closing date for the receipt of applications will be 5 p.m. on Friday 30th November 2018.
Word version – MTC-Deprivation Grant-Application-Form 2018
PDF version – MTC-Deprivation Grant-Application-Form 2018
In preparing your application please consider the criteria and funding priorities set by the Council as set out below.
Guidance Notes for Applicants
Deprivation Grant Funding Priorities
The Town Council will consider funding Projects that are able to demonstrate social need which contributes to enhancing the lives of young and elderly persons within Morecambe. This may include activities to help people who are:
- disadvantaged in some way
- living in poverty
- living without appropriate support
Evidence of the need must be provided with your application
1. Applicants MUST provide with application:
(a) A copy of the organisation’s most recent bank statement up to the end of the month proceeding the closing date and itemised income/expenditure accounts detailing all transactions for the six months up to the end of the month proceeding the closing date.
(c) At least two original quotations where you are proposing to buy in services
Note: The above documents will be taken into consideration when a decision is made on your application.
2. The Council will consider more favourably applications that are not solely relying on the Council’s funding to enable the project applied for to take place.
3. Only 1 successful application per organisation per financial year allowed.
4. The project must benefit persons who live within the boundary of Morecambe Town Council (see map attached to application form.
5. Organisations must have a bank account with a minimum of 2 signatories OR nominate an organisation which has a bank account with a minimum of 2 signatories to hold funds on your behalf. You will be paid by cheque made out to the organisation, not to an individual.
6. Organisations must be ‘not for profit’ with charitable objectives. Applications from educational establishment must be from the Charitable arm of the that educational establishment e.g. PTA etc..
7. Applications will not be accepted for services/goods already purchased or works that have already been carried out
8. Applications are NOT:
(a) To pay salaries – although costs for sessional workers will be considered.
(b) For an individual. (Legislation does not permit a Parish/Town Council to support an individual)
(c) To fund a political party.
9. Grants will only be paid upon original receipts for purchases being submitted to and checked by the Clerk to the Council.
10. If permissions are needed for the aspects of the proposed project, this must be gained prior to it being submitted. Failure to do this may result in your application being refused.
11. The Town Council will not fund an application if the project is already taking place and you have not been able to provide sufficient evidence to demonstrate how your proposals would add value to what is already taking place.
12. The Town Council reserves the right to refuse an application if it is believed that:
(a) The service/project/equipment applied for duplicates one that is already provided within the town.
(b) The organisation appears to have sufficient unallocated funds to support the project.
13. Applications received after the advertised deadline will not be considered.
14. Applications submitted without all the required documents (as set out on the application form) will not be considered.
The 11 wards of Morecambe Town Council are:
Bare North, Bare South West, Bare South East, Lune Drive, Lowlands Road, Out Moss Lane, Harbour, Heysham North, Poulton, Torrisholme and Westgate